History of our village, Ehenbichl

Ehenbichl, originally part of Ruette, lies at the foot of the Ehrenberg castle ruins and stretches along
the right side of the river Lech. The first documents that point to the surname Ehenbichl are dated in
1404 but it wasn’t until 1833 that it broke away from the former municipality and became politically
independent. A fresco in the Unterried house No. 18 shows St Christopher and St Sebastian along with
the Austrian coat of arms at around 1500 AD, which refers to the oldest Lech transition in the Reutte
area that lay between Ehenbichl and courtyards. In 1680/81 the Magnus church was built. It houses a
Gothic statue of the Virgin (c. 1450) and featured pictures of Balthazar Riepp Cross (1740). The
municipal crest of Ehenbichl contains a deer rack which is in remembrance of the Prince of Tyrol which
had a vast deer park (zoo) built below the Ehrenberg fortress.